Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just another day

Since moving here, there's been several examples of this...

So we were out a construction site talking to a framer and the home owners he's working for. This house was pretty cool, right on the coast so the views out the windows caught us immediately - I wish I would have taken pictures but I didn't have my phone. This one give you an idea tho.


As we were talking business Jayden tugged on my shirt and says "Mom, are there dophins out there?" I laughed and as I was about to say 'no', I saw one. Then another, it was a whole pod of Spinner Dolphins, with babies, there frolicking in the ocean. Jumping spinning and teaching their babies to swim. We all had to stop and watch....

Yep, just another day in paradise, it's not perfect but boy oh boy, sometimes it is really good.

Every now and then, this place catches you - you're involved in your day to day business and then you'll see something. A rainbow, sea turtles, or a warm breeze. Whatever it is and it just stops things. Even those who've been here a long time stop and admire what's here.

The same thing happened back home in MN, especially with the deer or the snow. It would just stop things and remind you - you're lucky to be alive.

I think I live a little more on the edge of that sentiment now. Maybe it's the exotic nature of this place, that everything's new. Whatever it is, I'm grateful, for every moment that makes me stop my business and enjoy.

Oh and Jayden would like to live in that house, he sat out on the Lanai and watched the dolphins and drew a picture of them. Lucky kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment